Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Boot Camp Day 1

Well, the ponies and I started boot camp today! First, the farrier came out. I am so lucky to have found such a great farrier. He's really wonderful. Both of my horses are barefoot, but Image may need shoes if I don't see improvement this time....
She was a little sore, so I let her have the day off, but Johnny did get worked. I think I got more of a workout than he did. He was a wild man. We did a twenty-five minute flatwork session. We *attempted* to work on staying in a nice frame, but he really was so wound up that it took way more effort of my end. (Johnny is the type of horse that needs to be ridden 6 times a week...he still lets out a playful buck several times throughout a workout)
^^^Johnny before his workout-yay for pretty feet!^^^
^^^Johnny after workout-worn out!^^^
^^^Me after riding Johnny-worn out!^^^
After I rode, I went for a run. I am doing CouchTo5K, but I am doing it in a shorter time period. I am trying to build up my stamina, because Mister Johnny takes a lot out of me!
Anyways, today was day one. I am going again in the morning for day two. It wasn't too hard, and I would recommend it to those of you wanting to get in shape. :)
I am going to weigh at the end of the week. Eeeek!
Did I mention it was 98 degrees today?! It was quite a scorcher-with no breeze. Finally, now that it is getting dark, it is starting to cool off. I need to do a rain dance.
Tomorrow, work begins for the diva mare, and Johnny gets his butt worked in draw reins.

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing C25K too, but I am waaay out of shape. Hopefully after I do a little more boot camp-ing for me, I can start the boot camp for my mare, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ Double post, sorry. Didn't realize it stayed there like that, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi from Italy, I'm a show-jumping rider.
    what a nice blog =)
    keep in touch: http://www.iconadeironchi.com

    ReplyDelete